Complete your profile by adding a picture of yourself and a brief description of your personality and the things you like. It’s a small gesture that means you care about the people who would like to get in touch with you by visiting your account. (A)
In the “love brands” area (you can access it through the “myProfile” page) choose the ones that you like the most from a list of brands and add them to your personal list. In this way you will let your friends and followers know which brands you love.
The database of popular brands is constantly being updated, so if you are not able to find some of your favourite brands send us an email and we will add them as soon as possible.
In the section “settings > currency” verify that the set value is the one of the country you are in, in order to write the correct price of the products you are sharing. (B)
In the section “settings > profile” you can decide whether to use your real name/surname or your nickname (both have already been filled in during registration). However, in order to improve the correspondence with your postings on Facebook, we suggest you use your real name/surname.
Pictures and Videos
When you decide to share a picture of a product, please pay attention to any small adjustments to ensure that you are showing your item in the best way possible:
- frame your product trying to use all your camera’s available space
- do not put too many products in the same picture, in order to focus on the product you want to share
- make sure that the lighting of the store is well distributed in order to get a clear picture
- before taking the picture, hold your iPhone firmly, frame the item, keep a steady hand, focus the image, hold your breath for a second and… click! In this way you will avoid those unpleasant effects that make your picture blurred and unusable
- we advise you to use your iPhone flash function only occasionally and in cases of necessity. The pictures taken with the flash function turn out to be cold, with unnatural colours and full of shadows, so that you aren’t making the most of the product you want to share
- if the product you want to share is inside a shop window, please take care of glass reflections that can make the product not visible and show the reflections of you or other people nearby. When the framing allows that, the best way to avoid light reflections is to lightly/delicately lean the iPhone against the shop window (C)
- if you take pictures inside a store, please take care that there are no signs that show that it is forbidden to take pictures. Should this be the case, please do not take any pictures or videos and remember that you have the sole responsibility for your conduct in case of any legal controversy
- if you are taking pictures inside a store that is not showing any “no-photo” sign and a shopkeeper tells you not to take any pictures, please follow his advice (but you can explain to him what iShopps is and describe the advantages he can get ;)
- if you are trying clothes on and you want to share that on iShopps, we suggest you ask the person with you or the shopkeeper to take a picture of you (or a short video), so you can show your best profile and avoid difficult and unnatural photos using the mirror (D)
- when you decide to share the picture of a very big product or one that is difficult to frame (furniture, soft furnishings, bicycles…) we suggest you to take a video. iShopps gives you 15 seconds for each video, which allows you to film the product from different perspectives. You can move around the product, zoom on the product’s details and even add an audio comment
- after taking the photo, add any necessary information (a short description, status, price, store’s name and ashtags). You will help other users to have a complete description of the product you have shared. (E)